Tours & Educational Programs
Self-Guided Tour Program – We provide the information, you set the pace. Perfect for guests with younger children or those who want to take a more leisurely look at the Airport’s points of interest.
Aviation History & Career Presentations – Want to learn more about aviation history or careers in the aviation industry, but can’t come to the airport? Let us come to you with a classroom presentation tailored to your student group.
Scavenger Hunts – If you’re looking for a fun and fast-paced activity that promotes teamwork while learning about the airport, consider signing up for a scavenger hunt.
Airfield Tour Program – Take a ride on our passenger mini-bus and learn all there is to know about the daily operations on the airfield.
Guided Tour Program – This walking tour of the Main Terminal follows the path of arriving and departing passengers while showcasing the airport’s history, design, and unique features.
Public Art Tours – Along with a vast public artwork collection that spans more than 40 years, TPA recently implemented a $2 million Public Art Program to enhance our terminals as well as our new Rental Car Center and SkyCenter station. We invite you to learn more about the artists and their vision for these original works designed to inspire our travelers and guests.
Sustainability Tours – Recycling, electric charging stations and other green and wellness initiatives have been part of a growing sustainability program at TPA. Come check out our efforts to preserve and protect our people, planet and prosperity for generations to come.
All tours require a minimum of 5 participants. Tour programs may have age and chaperone requirements and limits on the number of participants. For the safety of our guests, we must adhere to these requirements. Please review the individual tour details carefully before booking.
Highlights for Tour Program
- Tours are available 7 days a week based on availability
- Minimum of 5 participants on all tours. No Exceptions.
- There are minimum age requirements (6 years old for Guided Tour, 10 years + for Airfield and Behind The Scenes 15years+.
- Handicap accessible
- 360 Tours require 72 hours’ notice.
- Self-guided Tours available at any time.
- Spanish speakers are available.
- Pets are not allowed including emotional support animals in our facility. (exception of ADA certificate animal)
- You must adhere to the TSA criteria for personal items through security when on any tour.
- Tours do not allow access to any aircraft.
- Maximum of 24 participants allowed.
- All tours are approximately one hour.
- Considering our Tour Program is complimentary, all participants parking in our garages, with the exception of commercial vehicles, are subject to accrued parking expenses. Unfortunately, parking validations are not available for tour participants.