What is a virtual 5K?
- A virtual 5K is a race that can be run at any location and at a time of your choosing. You can walk, use a treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your pace, wherever and whenever, you like.
I am no longer able to participate on the day of the race. Can I transfer my registration to someone else? Or get a refund?
- We are sorry you will not be able to participate in the TPA 5K on the Runway. Unfortunately, registration is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Where do I park on race day? Is there a fee to park?
- Parking is in designated areas of Hillsborough Community College, which is located at 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd. Detailed directions can be found in the Runner’s’ Guide. Parking is free for the event.
When can I pick up my race packet?
- Check your Runner’s Guide for days and times scheduled at the TPA Cell Phone Lot. You can also pick up your packet on race day at the event, however, the registration table closes at 7:30 a.m.
Can I pick up my packet at the Main Terminal?
- No. Please see the Runner’s Guide for details as to when and where you can pick up your packet.
Can I register on the day of the race?
- No. The number of runners is limited to the first 2,000 participants. The race fills up quickly, and has sold out prior to race day in all previous years. You will want to register as soon as possible.
The website says that the race is sold out. Can I still register?
- No. It is limited to 2,000 participants. You can still register for the virtual 5K.
Can I pick up another runner’s packet for them?
- Yes, but you will need a copy of their driver’s license or Runsignup registration confirmation. If they have not signed their waiver, you will not be able to pick up their packet until the waiver is signed.
Can I register for the race at packet pickup or over the phone?
- No, you need to register through Runsignup.
I’m registered for the race and would like to have my friend run with me just for the experience. Can non-registered people participate in the race without a bib number?
- No, only registered runners with race bibs will be allowed on the runway.
Can we bring friends to cheer us on at the race?
- Absolutely! We have a great spectator viewing area at the event.
What time does the race start? When does the race end?
- Arrive by 7:20 a.m. Runners will move to the start line and the race will begin at 8 a.m. and end promptly at 9 a.m. A courtesy vehicle will be out at 9 a.m. to pick up anyone who has not completed the course. The awards ceremony will begin at 9:10 a.m.
Where can I safely store my personal belongings during the race?
- Our Gear Check station is available for you to store small items only. Please leave your valuables at home as we are not responsible for damage or theft.
Will there be finisher medals?
- Yes, every runner completing the race will receive a medal.
I registered, but haven’t received my confirmation yet.
- You may have entered an incorrect email address when you registered. Please log back onto Runsignup to confirm your registration and contact information.
Will this be a chip-timed race?
How do I sign up for the race?
- You must go to Runsignup to register.
Is there a group discount available?
Will the race shirts be dri-fit?
- Yes, they will.
Are selfie sticks allowed?
- No. Due to safety concerns, selfie sticks will not be allowed on the runway.
How old does my child have to be to participate in the 5K?
- A child must be able to walk/run the 5K on their own without being carried and have a registered adult with them at all times.
Are we allowed to run in costume?
- Yes, you may wear a costume, however there are stipulations. No masks are allowed and if you are planning on anything protruding from the body, it needs to be within reason and cannot interfere with other runners in any way.
Are wheelchairs able to participate?
- Absolutely! When you register, you must check “wheelchair participant”. Please note that the grooves in the runway will make it very challenging for a manual wheelchair.
Will the race continue if it is raining?
- The race will continue rain or shine. If the weather is severe, we will send a cancelation update by email and post about the cancelation on our social media pages.