The Airport Police Department has established a Reserve Officer program for state-certified individuals to perform unpaid volunteer law enforcement duties at Tampa International Airport. Working under the direction of the Police Captain of Special Operations, a Reserve Officer will perform these duties for the protection of Aviation Authority property, facilities, personnel and the general public.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Enforce all Aviation Authority regulations, federal, state and local laws.
- Enforce traffic laws by observing, issuing citations and warnings and apprehending violators on Aviation Authority premises.
- Respond to calls and investigate problems, disturbances, traffic accidents, crimes, emergencies and other incidents; provide assistance and prepare related reports.
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols in assigned areas on Aviation Authority property to detect and monitor possible criminal activity and interrogate suspicious persons.
- Apprehend and arrest suspected law violators to ensure public safety.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
- Age 19 years or older; and
- A United States Citizen; and
- Possession of a State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification; and
- Possession of a valid State of Florida Driver License
- Successful completion of polygraph examination
- Successful completion of psychological and physical exams
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen
- Successful completion of background investigation
And one of the following:
Three years of experience as a federal, state, county, city or airport authority law enforcement officer. Or, an associate’s degree; and two years of experience as a federal, state, county, city or airport law enforcement officer.
Or, an associate’s degree; and successful completion of a State of Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission certified Police Academy.
Submit the competed application to TIAPD Recruiting.