Be sure to confirm your flight info prior to leaving for TPA, and make sure you have all necessary paperwork, confirmation numbers and identification.
Have a ground transportation gameplan. Review your parking options and decide which facility best meets your options.
If you are returning a rental car, consider using the Remote Bag Check located in the Rental Car Center. The service is available to most domestic passengers from 5 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily and travelers must arrive at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
Tampa International Airport is easy to find, just five miles west of downtown Tampa on the eastern shore of Tampa Bay.
If you live locally, get here by taking Spruce Street, Highway 60 or the Veterans Expressway.
- Go to FDOTtampabay.com to find out more about construction on area State roads, highways, and interstates.
- For a guide to basic road rules and travler tips, go to VisitFlorida.com
- There are several connecting toll roads around the Airport, including the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Veteran's Expressway, Suncoast Parkway and The Florida Turnpike. For more information on toll roads visit Florida'sTurnpike.com.
TPA offers multiple parking options, with rates ranging from $1 per 20 minutes ($10 max. per 24 hours) for the Economy Parking Garage and Lot, to $2 per half-hour ($30max. per 24 hours) for Valet Parking.
- Just dropping someone off? Parking under one hour is free in the Short Term Garage!
- Have a SunPass? You can use it to pay for parking - just enter and exit through a SunPass Plus lane, and you'll be out in a jiffy.
Getting through security can be a breeze if you follow TSA's procedure. Here's a quick breakdown of what to expect:
- If you haven't flown in a while, review the TSA screening procedures and view the list of prohibited items.
- Allow plenty of time to get through the screening process by arriving two hours prior to departure, especially during peak travels periods, including weekends and holidays.
- Be sure to have your boarding pass and ID handy; accepted forms of ID include a valid U.S. driver’s license, passport and military ID.
- Wear slip-on shoes to make removing and replacing them at security easier.
- Remember 3-1-1 for carry-ons: Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container, must be in 1 quart-sized, clear plastic bag and you can only have 1 bag in your carry on. If you’ve got more, you’ll need to check it.
- Don’t try to carry on any sharp objects, firearms or explosives.
- If you’ve got a laptop, you may be asked to remove it from its sleeve or bag when putting it through x-ray screening.
- Skip the hassel and sign up for TSA PreCheck!
WiFi is free in the Main Terminal and at airside buildings. So what are you waiting for? Log on!
Forgot to pack something or want a magazine to read on the plane? Visit our shops.
Want a quick bite before taking off? Dine in or grab something to go from one of our restaurants.
View all of your shopping, dining and amenities options in our handy guide and #exploreTPA!