Tampa International Airport is easy to find, just five miles west of downtown Tampa on the eastern shore of Tampa Bay.
If you live locally, get here by taking Spruce Street, Highway 60 or the Veterans Expressway.
- MyTBI.com has all the highway updates and local roadway construction.
- If you're heading north on I-275 over the Sunshine Skyway bridge, be sure to have $1.25 handy for the toll.
- The Veterans Expressway is also a toll road.
TPA offers multiple parking options, with rates ranging from $1 per 20 minutes ($10 max. per 24 hours) for the Economy Parking Garage and Lot, to $2 per half-hour ($30max. per 24 hours) for Valet Parking.
- Just dropping someone off? Parking under one hour is free in the Short Term Garage!
- Have a SunPass? You can use it to pay for parking - just enter and exit through a SunPass Plus lane, and you'll be out in a jiffy.
Getting through security can be a breeze if you follow TSA's procedure. Here's a quick breakdown of what to expect:
- Be sure to have your boarding pass and ID handy; accepted forms of ID include a valid U.S. driver’s license, passport and military ID.
- Wear slip-on shoes to make removing and replacing them at security easier.
- Remember 3-1-1 for carry-ons: Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container, must be in 1 quart-sized, clear plastic bag and you can only have 1 bag in your carry on. If you’ve got more, you’ll need to check it.
- Don’t try to carry on any sharp objects, firearms or explosives.
- If you’ve got a laptop, you may be asked to remove it from its sleeve or bag when putting it through x-ray screening.
WiFi is free in the Main Terminal and at airside buildings. So what are you waiting for? Log on!
Forgot to pack something or want a magazine to read on the plane? Visit our shops.
Want a quick bite before taking off? Dine in or grab something to go from one of our restaurants.