Please refer to the guide below for inquiries regarding Lost and Found at Tampa International Airport.
Airlines include Items left on board aircraft, checked baggage, and airline tickets. Items left on board an aircraft, checked baggage (even after it is claimed from the baggage belt), and airline tickets are returned to and retained by the airline.
The Main Terminal includes parking garages, baggage claim, ticketing, airport restaurants, snack bars, lounges, bars, shops and all airside buildings, including security screening, gates and restrooms.
The Police Department is the main Lost & Found for the airport. Items found in the common areas of the airport are turned in to this department. Unclaimed items are subject to sale at public auction after 30 days.
Tampa International Airport Lost & Found
P. O. Box 22287
Tampa, FL 33622
(813) 554-1414 (24hrs)
For information on impounded vehicles, see Reclaiming an Impounded Vehicle
Inquiry Form (non-airline)
Reclaiming an Impounded Vehicle
Vehicles may be impounded from parking facilities after 45 days. There is a sign posting this information at the entrance of each parking facility and on the back of parking tickets.
Vehicles are considered left abandoned, and are impounded immediately, if they are located on airport property anywhere other than a parking facility.
Once a vehicle has been impounded, notification letters are mailed out to the owner, lien holder, and insurance company, advising them that the vehicle has been towed. The vehicle may be claimed by coming in to the Tampa Airport police department (813-870-8760) and providing proof of ownership, along with towing and storage fees.
Unclaimed vehicles are subject to sale at public auction after 51 days following the first notification by mail. Contact airport administration for information at (813) 870-7855.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do i need to bring with me to claim my vehicle?
2. How can I find out the total fees due for a impound.
- Valid driver's license, proof of ownership, parking, storage and towing fees. If the vehicle license plate was seized, a new one must be presented along with the registration.
3. Can I claim the vehicle if I am not the registered owner.
- Call the airport police department at (813) 870-8760. Have the date of impound, vehicle type and license plate number if available.
4. Can I have the vehicle towed from the impound lot?
- Yes. The registered owner will need to provide you with a notarized letter giving you permission to claim the vehicle.
5. What payment types does the airport accept?
- Yes. The driver of the tow truck must accompany you to the airport police department and show a valid driver's license.
- Exact cash (no change provided), Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, money order and cashier's check.